Who We Are
The Music Lessons Project is a community driven organization committed to raising funds from the general public for personalized music instruction. We are an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our Federal tax id number is 83-1365483.
The project provides opportunities for personalized music instruction to students with limited financial resources, with a primary focus on students at Title I schools. Schools currently eligible for funding are McKay and North High Schools, Claggett Creek, Houck, Parrish, Stephens and Waldo Middle Schools.
Level the playing field by offering supplemental music instruction, such as lessons, so that no dedicated, talented child who wants to pursue music lessons is limited due to their family’s financial status.
Current Board Members
Sandra (Sandy) Wiscarson, President
Danna Garcia, Secretary
Connie Sims, Treasurer
Stephen Lytle, Salem-Keizer Director of Music and Theater
Founding Board Members
Sandra (Sandy) Wiscarson
Mary Lou Boderman, Salem-Keizer Director of Music and Theater
Dick and Gayle Withnell
- MLP raises funds from July 1-June 30 to fund programs and operations in the following year.
- Music directors are informed about funding availability before school starts so they can plan for the year. We must have money in hand before making that commitment.
- Since lessons are contracted for sequential learning, we begin engaging MLP teachers for the year by mid Fall.
- Our goal is to spend 85% on program with 15% for administration that includes required insurance, professional services, marketing/development, fees/licenses, and supplies.
- As an all-volunteer run organization, there are no administrative employee expenses.
- View our IRS 990 Filing here